Selfridges is a luxury department store based in the UK.
- 1 Selfridges Contact Numbers:
- 2 Selfridges Opening Hours
- 3 Selfridges Head Office Address
- 4 Reasons to call the Selfridges head office contact number:
- 5 Selfridges Products
- 6 Selfridges Stores
- 7 Selfridges Online
- 8 Selfridges Oxford Street
- 9 Popular questions about Selfridges
- 10 Which was first: Selfridges or Harrods?
- 11 What’s on; Selfridges Manchester
- 12 Why are Selfridges bags yellow?
- 13 Who designed Selfridges window displays
- 14 Where is Selfridges’ head office?
- 15 About Selfridges
Selfridges Contact Numbers:
|Head Office||0844 248 2682|
|Customer Services||0843 557 3617|
|Complaints||0844 248 2682|
Selfridges Opening Hours
|Head Office||Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm|
Selfridges Head Office Address
|Head Office||SELFRIDGES, 400 OXFORD ST, LONDON, W1A 1AB|
Reasons to call the Selfridges head office contact number:
- To find your local Selfridges store.
- To contact the HR department regarding the recruitment process.
- To contact the payroll team.
- To speak to the buying or merchandising department.
- If you are a supplier and wish to speak to someone regarding the sale of your product.
- To find out more about Selfridge’s ethical policies.
- To speak to the press team about an upcoming launch or event.
- To formally escalate a complaint that you have already made to the head office.
- To inquire about store facilities or a product.
Selfridges is a luxury department store which focuses on designer fashion and beauty. Products include womenswear, footwear, accessories, menswear, childrenswear, technology, beauty, home, and food hall. For women, you can find designer dresses from the likes of Alexander McQueen and Diane Von Furstenberg, the denim of your dreams from J Brand and Paige Denim and the shoes that you’ve been lusting after from the likes of Louboutin and Valentino. In the menswear department, you’ll find casual wear from Polo Ralph Lauren, suits from Tom Ford and loafers from Gucci. For children, find mini-me collections from the likes of Kenzo, Stella McCartney, and Chloe. You can kit out your home with the latest technology from Apple, audio from Sonos and interiors from Bang & Olufsen. If all the shopping has sparked your appetite, pop into the food hall where you’ll see luxury, unusual products such as caviar and the finest champagne that money can buy.
There are four Selfridges stores in the UK: London Oxford Street, Birmingham, Manchester Exchange Square and Manchester Trafford Centre. The lack of stores adds to the feel of exclusivity when you shop at Selfridges. Each store has its own events calendar. For example, you may find that one week a celebrity makeup artist is doing a workshop in London, whilst down in Manchester Exchange Square, a senior buyer from Selfridges is giving a talk to students. The best way to find out about events is to sign up to the Selfridges mailing list. In Birmingham, the Selfridges store is one of the main city centre landmarks, boasting a personal shopping service, brasserie-style restaurant, a noodle bar, Krispy Kreme doughnuts and an Italian restaurant. In Manchester Exchange Square, you’ll find a personal shopping service and a San Carlo café for an authentic Italian eating experience. The Selfridges Trafford Centre store has a champagne bar, Thai restaurant, Pattiserie Valerie bakery and a Yo Sushi bar.
When you shop online at Selfridges, you can create a wishlist, which you can use a record of products that you want to buy or to create the perfect outfit. You can choose to have items delivered to your home or pick up your order in-store the next day when you order before 10pm. International delivery to a number of countries is available. You can pay for items securely via Visa debit, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal; the choice is yours.
Selfridges Oxford Street
The Selfridges Oxford Street store in London is the flagship store. Here, you’ll find a full list of facilities and services such as:
- Alterations- available for products purchased in the store.
- Ask the Elfridges- for help buying someone a gift.
- Daniel Galvin hair salon.
- Customer service lounge- Currency exchange, cash machine, tax refunds and theater bookings.
- Engraving- Have your jewellery engraved by Timpson.
- Translation service with a wide range of languages.
- Psychic Sisters- Tarot, clairvoyant, crystals and palm reading services.
- Safety deposit boxes- for family heirlooms or precious items.
- Wedding service- from the dress to the gifts.
You’ll also find several places to eat and drink in store:
- Hemsley + Hemsley – Healthy food
- Forest Restaurant & Bar on the roof- Locally sourced British produce
- Aubaine- French bistro restaurant
- Champagne & Oyster Bar
- Dolly’s Art Deco Café- British afternoon tea
- Harry Gordon’s Bar and Kitchen- Cocktails and charcuterie
- Lola’s Cupcakes- Primrose Hill bakery cupcakes
- The Brass Rail- Old favourites like salted beef sandwiches
Popular questions about Selfridges
Which was first: Selfridges or Harrods?
Harrods had been active in London for 75 years before Selfridges opened in 1909 as the brainchild of the American businessman Harry Selfridge.
What’s on; Selfridges Manchester
Both Selfridges stores in Manchester have events coming up such as a GHD masterclass, Jo Malone bath and body event with a hand massage, beauty workshops from famous brands and a Shakespeare engraving service to mark 400 years since his death.
Why are Selfridges bags yellow?
It’s unknown why Selfridges bags are yellow, but they have become iconic since they were introduced in the 1990’s.
Who designed Selfridges window displays
Selfridges’ window displays are incredibly famous due to their artistic flair. The displays were first incorporated by Harry Selfridge himself, who compared shopping to going to the theater, using velvet curtains to unveil the displays on opening day. Today, window displays are put together by the merchandising team, often to a theme such as ‘Shakespeare’s Midsummer Nights Dream’ and will feature the latest trends. Tourists, fashion enthusiasts, and art fans alike flock to Oxford Street to visit the windows.
Where is Selfridges’ head office?
The Selfridges head office can be found in London, within the world-famous Oxford Street store. The full address is at the top of the page.
Selfridges Oxford Street opened in 1909 and is still the second largest store in the UK, behind Harrods. Harry Selfridge was a pioneer of the modern shopping experience, making sure that customers felt welcome and that the luxury products were accessible to them. His techniques are still by used by department stores today.
For more about Selfridges, call the head office contact number on this page.